Friday, October 10, 2008

IN-SIGHT!

Insight Pictures, Images and Photos

In a previous blog entry I belabored the point of how important Sunglasses are to landscapers like me. Sufficient to say, good eye protection and clarity of vision is required for most any occupation we perform. Even the Social Security Disability System recognizes this and classifies total blindness and as one of it’s categories of presumptive disability.

Tools Pictures, Images and Photos

The same hold true in the Spiritual Realm. We have been given the tools we need to see and perceive our world correctly but if we never avail ourselves of these tools who’s fault is it when we trip or hit a wall? Specifically He gives us the Bible, (life’s roadmap,) Wise friends and Counselors, and THE Mighty Counselor, Holy Spirit. How many of us walk around with distorted, splotched, or blurred vision simply because we forget to use these life tools?

Bifocals Pictures, Images and Photos

A few years ago I reached that magical age when I discovered that my arms had grown shorter. I could no longer stretch them far enough to see clearly. Sadly I needed bi-focals. Also because of excessive sun exposure the Optometrist found that I had developed fast growing cataracts. Me at my young age! Can you believe it? Interestingly, they had just come up with a new technique that could have fixed my near-sightedness when the cataracts were removed. Partly because of the additional cost of this new procedure, (not yet covered by insurance,) but mostly because of my pride and my minimization of the nearsightedness I’ll now have to use glasses for the rest of my life.

Healing Pictures, Images and Photos

How many of us are too proud to seek spiritual assistance certain that we can handle life’s many ambiguous issues on our own? Don’t be like me, I found myself wanting and expecting God’s healing to be instantaneous. In Mark Chapter eight we find an example where Jesus healed someone progressively. In Mark 8:23, ”He (Jesus) took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, ‘Do you see anything?’ He looked up and said, ‘I see people; they look like trees walking around.’ Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.” (New International Version)

decision Pictures, Images and Photos

Don’t leave home without your GPS (Global Positioning System) – The Bible. Ask Holy Spirit to guide you with every decision and direction. And seek good friends and counselors to help you see your blind spots. In these days of panic and fear let us be the ones others run to for IN-sight and reassurance. Blessings!

No comments: